Dinner and a movie just got a whole lot cooler thanks to Cobb Theaters. I was super excited to get a chance to visit the brand new, state-of-the-art Cobb Daytona Luxury Theatre opening up across from the Daytona International Speedway.
This was my first time visiting a Cobb Theater; we usually tend to go to the drive-in (yes I said the drive-in, one of the last few in the state of Florida). While the drive-in is fun and the new age of going to see a movie has me hooked!
I never knew going to the movies could be such a luxurious experience and remain affordable for a family of 4. Cobb theater surpassed all of my expectations.
What Cobb Theatre Offers:
- Stadium Seating for unobstructed viewing with custom designed rocking seats with high backs and lift up armrests
- Each theater features giant wall-to-wall, curved, high gain screens for brighter colors and a sharper image
- REAL D 3D Cinema Technology (at select locations)
- All 7.1 Digital Surround Sound guarantees the ultimate in cinematic sound environment guarantees the ultimate in cinematic sound environment
- DLP Digital Projection Systems (at select locations)
- Customer Service areas which provide advanced ticket sales and general assistance
- Automated box offices for ticket purchasing and advance ticket order pick-up
- Advance credit card sales by phone or on-line
- Cobb “Frequent Moviegoer Program” – rewards with movie tickets and concession items
- “Cobb Gift Card” – a value gift card available for purchase in any dollar denomination
- Weekly e-newsletter of movies Now Showing and upcoming Events
- Innovative concession menu and design offer a wide assortment of hot food items and Coca-Cola® products, popcorn, candy and snacks
- Theatre rental program allows businesses and individuals access to private screenings and meetings
- Free Kiddie Shows during summer vacation
- Birthday Party Rooms available for private functions
D-Box Seating at Cobb Theater
While the insanely comfortable reclining seating made me not want to get up, the D-Box seating completely blew me away and had me wondering how to get this same experience at home, no way that would happen, but luckily this one is only an hour drive away! Usually, we reserve moving seats to theme park rides (my favorite being the Shrek 4-D experience at Universal Studios) but Cobb Theater 12 in Daytona brought this innovative technology to enhance your movie watching experience.
Here is a quick video that explains more on how it works:
Cinebistro Makes the Experience All Worth It
For me, this was the best part….the Food! While they do offer the usual movie watching must-haves (popcorn, soft drinks and candy, etc.)
they have a fully staffed kitchen and bar so you can either dine before your meal starts or grab a tray and take it with you into the movie. Now as messy as my two can get I think I would opt for dining BEFORE the movie, but when we have a date night then we are totally taking a food in with us (just not when we want to do the D-Box seating that might get a little messy).
For more information and to view full menu for a Cobb Theatre near you visit the Cinebistro website.
- Adult – $10.75
- Matinee (4pm and earlier) – $8.00
- Child (3-12) – $7.75
- Senior (60+) $7.75
- Student/Military (With Valid ID.) – $9.75
- 3D: Add $3.00
- Child 3D: Add $3.00
- D-BOX: Add $8.00
Click here to find a Cobb Theater near you and get your tickets
*Travel Tip – It never hurts to reserve your seating ahead of time to make sure you have your spot there for you when you get there.
Fully ADA accessible. Closed Caption and Assistive Listening and Descriptive Narration Systems.