It had been years since me and family had eaten as McDonalds or fast food in general for one reason or another but when i heard about the steps they are taking to make their food healthier I was all ears.
On August 1st McDonalds announced the following changes to their food:
- Removed artificial preservatives from several of their food items (which also don’t have artificial colors or flavors). This includes their Chicken McNuggets.
- They have made a commitment to only serve chicken not treated by antibiotics important to human medicine.
- The pork sausage patties & omelets-style eggs served on McGriddles, bagel & biscuit sandwiches, and scrambled eggs on breakfast platters no longer have artificial preservatives.
- Speaking of eggs, McDonald’s made a commitment to source 100% cage-free eggs.
- New buns that no longer contain high fructose corn syrup.
- Changing the premium salad blend. They replaced iceberg lettuce with fresh romaine, baby spinach, and baby kale and added Tuscan red leaf lettuce and ribbon-cut carrots.
- The milk in its low aft milk jugs and Go-GURT low fat yogurt come from cows that are not treated with rbST (an artificial growth hormone).
Let me know in the comments below what you think of these changes 🙂 I look forward to hearing your thoughts.